Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Day Full of Needles

Today was another day full of needles. I went in for my day 21 (cycle day 21) blood draw to check my progesterone levels. Progesterone is a hormone that is secreted during ovulation and tells the uterus to get ready for a baybay! Basically, it creates a nice, comfy place for the egg to land. Low progesterone levels mean no implantation or no pregnancy and if pregnant then miscarriage. I'm not sure when I'll get the results back, but I hope they're good!!

After my blood draw, I went to my second acupuncture appointment. This time they put me in a little different room than the spa room I was in before. She put the needles in a few different places than last time too. Then she put a heat lamp on my feet and told me to practice deep breathing and focusing energy. I actually found it harder to concentrate in there because people outside were being loud and the music was too loud. I still felt relaxed, if nothing else, when I left there. And I found out that these treatments cost less than going to my chiropractor or a visit to the gyno (assuming your insurance doesn't pay for anything much like mine doesn't!)

One thing she did ask me to do is to try eliminate stress for a week. ...Yeah. That's what I thought too. I asked her if that means I can quit my job and she said as long as I win the lottery tomorrow night that shouldn't be a problem. Done and done!

Now I don't know if this is anything to be concerned or get excited about, but the last couple of days I've been feeling a fluttering in my uterus-region. Everything I read on the internet was people saying it's gas. Trust me... I know what gas feels like and this is not it. I can tell the difference between my uterus and my intestines, thank you very much! But it doesn't hurt and it's just like when you get a nervous twitch in your eye or your leg or something. I'm gonna play it by ear and see what happens. I have a few more days before I can test. I really don't want to test anymore, I hate the disappointment that entails.

Well, unlike the aforementioned pregnancy tests, today I will leave you with a list of potential movie titles that will not disappoint! FYI: I made these up. Enjoy.

  • 3 Nuns, A Hooker and A Dog Named Happy
  • Flipper: Die Another Day
  • Something About Larry (King)
  • Influenza Day
  • Revenge of the Ninja Bears
  • Gigantic Luxury Steam Ship That Never Should Have Left Harbor Killing Many Many People (based on a true story)
  • Fast Car Boob-splosion [okay I didn't make that one up]
  • The Vindicator III
  • Ratman and Bobbin

No comments:

Post a Comment