Friday, April 16, 2010

Fizishun Friday

Okay, I know that's not how you spell physician, but it looks cool and sounded awesome in my head and ultimately that's what's important. Once again another Friday off work dedicated to the physicians who keep me healthy and try to figure out what the heck is going on with my body. I long for the day that I will have my Fridays back to do whatever I actually need to get done at home - like sleeping in.

So my day started by getting cracked at the chiropractor. Typical 9:15 appointment but today they taught me some new excercises which I think made me pull my hamstring. At least I definitely know where my hamstring is now. Then I went to the drugstore and bought some fingernail polish so I could paint my nails and feel like a girl. And I do.

Next, my appointment at 12:15 at Hospital AM was for my CT scan. I was very nervous cuz I've never had one before. DH came with me for moral support but couldn't go into the room with me. The lady was such a sweetheart and we talked about the struggle with fertility and how God will let you know when it's time. So I layed on a little bed that looks more like a stretcher in front of a big donut looking thing. This was done fully clothed, even though I said that with this baby experience I've no problem taking my clothes off for doctors. She gave me an IV of dye which she did warn me that it would make me feel like I peed my pants. That is very much what it felt like, just a warm feeling. What was really weird was that I could swear smelled the dye as she put it in, but I'm very sure I couldn't. Then I layed there with my arms above my head and the table moved in and out of the donut. A man's voice from the donut told me when to breathe and when to hold my breath. It took about 10 minutes total. No problem- it was a pretty good experience and the most expensive carnival ride ever.

After that we went to eat and then took DH back to work and I tootled around town for a while. Then it occured to me I better call the fertility doctor and see what they need me to do. Well I couldn't remember their number so I just stopped by Hospital S since I was in the neighborhood. They could get me in at 3. So I went to my sister's house to kill and hour. By this time, this is the 3rd time I've been there today and her poor puppy is not sure what to think. So 3:00 came around and I tootled back to the doctor's office. Another ultrasound with the 7 inch wand. I never realized how big it is, but I happened to see one laying there and measured it. Yes I did. The doctor's PA was once again the one to tend to me (I don't know if I'll ever see the actual doctor again) and it was short and sweet. She prescribed more Clomid this time 100mg or 2 pills per day for 5 days and then of course the "homework" as previously described in a post. So we'll see how it goes this time.

Now I'm off to a date with DH. We're eating at his fave restaraunt, OG. I love it too. I will leave you with some tips to help heal your soul.

1. Paint your fingernails.
2. Buy a great fitting dress.
3. Make some homemade chicken noodle soup with A LOT of noodles.
4. Try a bouffant hair style.
5. Have 4 pieces of Dove chocolate.
6. Buy some heel boots (also known as grown-up shoes)
7. Paint a room light yellow.


I'll try to think of some more things. Please, if you think of some, post them in the comments section!!

2 comments:

  1. After all the pre-pregnancy (ummm, probing) ultrasounds I had, I never thought I'd ever have an "outside" u/s. Well I did, and they're messy. haha

    Only 4 pieces?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to learn to heal my soul. Or just read a great story or watch a great story.

    ReplyDelete