Thursday, August 5, 2010

Nouveau Départ

Hey everybody. I can't believe it's been since April that I've written. I guess I just didn't have anything new baby-related to talk about. I guess I still really don't have anything baby related to talk about. We've kinda put things on hold in that department to get other things figured out in other departments. Sometimes you have to shut down part of the store to work on renovations and improvements.

There have been a couple things that are new. I know I talked about getting a house, and as most of you know, DH and I did buy our first house at the end of May and we've been steadily getting settled in. We've been put through some trials in the first month of home-ownership, such as repairing the AC and the fridge. Be careful what you wish for, I guess.

Another thing that's new is that actually just this morning I accepted a position in a different department, which theoretically will be less stress and same pay but now will be Monday through Friday (currently my schedule is Sunday through Thursday) and the hours will actually be later. I figure I'll give it a shot for a while anyway.

Some other things that are new: my sister's fiance, the restaurant down the road a half mile, and the Aurora Borealis (which we tried to see tonight but weren't able to).

So anyway, I've made an appointment with my gyno again because I'm 90% sure I've got a cyst again. Not that I'm usually one to self-diagnose (just kidding I do it all the time), I am experiencing symptoms similar to when I had the one burst the day of our friends M and H's wedding. I'm hoping there is some sort of therapy, like birth control, that she'll be able to prescribe to help with the hormones and get me back on track. In the meantime I've decided to live vicariously through others with children. Ya know, get as much practice as I can.


I will leave you with a website full of neat things about viewing the Aurora Borealis.

4 comments:

  1. God bless you and Bob. You two are an amazing couple, and truly great people. Keep it in your heart hun. Good things come to those who wait. =) Luv ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon! You were in so much pain on our wedding day! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of changes, but hopefully they all have their benefits. It was great to see you guys at your housewarming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your home-ownership pain! Air conditioners suck as do anything else required to keep cold things the approximate same level of coldness...

    I've come to the conclusion this is the work of the devil.

    In other thoughts, you deal with what you can when you can. Also, I envy your child as she (or he) will be able to have way more fun with glue and glitter and tissue paper than any other child in America.

    I propose you prepare you new house for that invasion! Extra glitter storage compartments take time and planning to come by :)

    ReplyDelete