Friday, March 19, 2010

Sorry, this one's kinda long

This was a very long day but got a lot done.
6:10 am - My alarm goes off and I get ready for the long day. Woke up before DH, very rare.

7:15 am - Briskly walked my butt across the campus of Hospital AM and checked in for ultrasound on liver and gallbladder. Doc just wants to check on the frequent nausea and make sure I'm healthy there.

8:00 am - This is where the day gets kinda weird... on my way back to my car I decided to ask how to get my lab work done (which in hindsight, I should have just asked when I was at my first appointment). My OBGYN's office was actually on the way back to the car so I was going to just ask the receptionist what I should do. Well.... I get in the elevator and push the button, but no go. Then a lady walks in and swipes her badge THEN pushes the same floor I'm going to. She is presumably a doctor. So at this point I feel like a total ass. She seemed OK with it and nonchalantly said that there are chairs there I can just sit and wait for a bit. I waited for the receptionist in the dim light and was offered coffee by another presumed doctor. The docs at Hospital AM are apparently very nice. When the receptionist came, she opened the waiting room so I could wait for the nurse. I showed the nurse my paper and she told me to go upstairs to the lab for blood draw. OK. I toodle up there and they say, no, you need to go back to Dr. Plaza 2 (where I was before). At this point I smarted up and got my car (which I need to wash cuz I think the valet guy was embarrassed to drive) and went up to the lab. Explained the situation for the 30th time in 2 hours and found out that I have to be there for 2 hours straight with the glucose test. OK. Fine, I'll come back.

9:30 am - Went to chiropractor. Dr. Shelly wasn't there so Dr. Chris stepped in. Also started rehab to retrain muscles. No acupuncture. Took longer than anticipated.

10:40 am - Back to the lab at Hospital AM. Something like 12 vials of blood drawn (not quite a pint) Had to chug what I think to be about 16 oz of orange sweet drink. Then you are told to not leave campus for 2 hours and you will become sleepy. Sure enough I was getting sleepy about 1/2 hour into it. I was kept entertained by "Wife Swap" and then a nice gentleman sat next to me and we discussed how shallow people are and why neither of us could ever participate in "Wife Swap." At this point, I also need to inform you what NOT to do in a doctor's office waiting room.

1. Don't be all lovin' up on your woman. Kissing the back of her neck and feeling up her leg is not accepted as couth and I wanted to punch them both.

2. Don't clip your fingernails and then brush them off on the floor. I don't even do that at work in a garbage can.

3. Please be aware that when you sit in a chair whose back is against the back of another person, try not to invade the invisible wall and touch the other person. Maybe that's just a personal choice.

2:00 pm - When I was done at the lab I ate and then headed to work for some overtime until 5 pm

5:30 pm - Met at Ground Round with a friend that I grew up with since like 6th grade or something. We've been trying to plan this meal-chat since October. We talked about how being grown up sucks and grown up problems suck. She has much different grown up problems than me and probably sucks more than mine. (Love you friend and praying for you!) We talked and made each other teary-eyed for 2 hours. I guess it had been a long time.

What I learned from this conversation and just this whole experience is that I will need my friends, family and faith to get me through this. If I don't have those 3 things, I will go crazy(er).

I also learned that apparently a waiting room is consider an OK place to sex your girl. Get ready, DH....

1 comment:

  1. Try it in the shower. Or rent a hotel for a night, one word "hottub". :)

    ReplyDelete